Law and Lawlessness
There is a great deal of confusion in the minds of many Christians when it comes to God’s expectations and the role of the law in the life of the Christian. Perhaps, you have wrestled with some of these questions:
- Was the law “nailed to the cross?”
- Does “grace” eliminate the need for the law?
- Are there different standards for Jew and Gentile?
- Are the ten commandments still valid, but the statutes are not?
- Was Paul’s attitude in opposition to the teachings of James and other new covenant writers in regards to the law?
- What is the unified message that the scriptures present concerning the law of God?
- How should we understand the concepts of torah in the Hebrew scriptures and nomos in the Greek scriptures?
- And how will this vital knowledge transform our hearts and minds?
Let the scriptures speak for themselves, so you can know God’s mind on these matters!
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold,
The Law of Moses for Christians
Should We Forget the Law of Moses
Law of Moses: Living Holy Lives
Law of Moses: Love Your Neighbour
Law of Moses: the Weightier Matters
Law of Moses: The Basics for Christians
Law of Moses: The History for Christians
Understanding Paul’s Message to the Colossians
Mystery of Lawlessness: Understanding Colossians
The Colossians Heresy, Today
Colossians 2:16 Paul and Holy Days
Paul and Nomos: the Law and the Lawless
What is so Bad about Sin?
The Law and the Covenants of Promise
Matthew: Fulfill the Law
Promises and Conditions: the Everlasting Covenant
Is the Old Covenant Obsolete
Christian Faith:Active Obedience
Delight in the Law of God
Deuteronomy: Teaching a New Generation